Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update

So, I realized that I have not posted any updates in a while. Tonight seemed like the perfect time to update everyone.

Tonight we have started sleep training with Aiden. After 7 months of rocking him to sleep and rocking him when he wakes up at night we thought it was time our big boy learned to sleep on his own. I have decided to go with the Ferber method after talking with friends about various methods. The Ferber method is essentially following a bedtime routine and then putting your baby in bed awake and leaving him (even if he cries) for gradually longer periods of time. The first night starts with a 3-5-10 minute interval, the next night is a 5, 10, 12 minute interval and so on. I had a difficult time settling on this approach. I know that it works for most people. Several friends have done it and say it takes about 4-5 days. But, I have a hard time letting Aiden cry. I know that it is for the best. I mean I don't want a call from him in 18 years from college asking to come rock him to sleep. I have to realize that my baby boy is growing up (and way to fast if you ask me!) So, that is why I am posting an update right now. Garrett, my absolutly wonderful husband, is upstairs dealing with the wakings and checking on Aiden. There is no way I could have started this on a night when he wasn't home. Hopefully we will get some sleep tonight :)

On another front, Aiden is on nebulizer treatments through February. I don't know if I posted an update after we went to the allergist a month ago. We think that Aiden may have asthma, or restrictive airway disease, since they don't diagnose asthma until 3 years old. We will reevaluate in February. He developed a little cold this week and is feeling pretty crummy. I had to get him antibiotics since he has asthma and colds turn into bronchitis very quickly when you have asthma. Poor little guy!

He also has 2 teeth! They are the two bottom teeth. I have been trying to get a picture showing them but he does not want to cooperate. Aiden has decided that he does not want to look at the camera... ever! Most of the recent pictures he is looking to the side or down or away from me. Today we went to the pumpkin patch to get some cute fall pictures but he did not want to look at us at all. He was very interested in all the little girls there though. Such a ladies man :)

Well, I think that is all. Oh, Aiden will start swim lessons in November. We can't wait. Aiden loves the water. I am very excited and will have to let you know how he does.

1 comment:

  1. That's one small cry for Aiden.... One big night's sleep for Mom and Dad..... Lot's of luck with that and hope you two get some long awaited ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's Miss you. Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete